Thursday 28 January 2010

Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!

My friend & teacher Jim Keating posted a little 'rant' on his website that caught my eye this morning. His student Jay had been selling something he calls 'The Battlescarf'. It looks like some of the trolls on one of the FMA forums have been slagging it down, which I find kind of strange, as arts like Silat have a long heritage of using flexible weapons. Many of our martial systems have some form of flexible weapons. Japanese martial arts have the manrikigusari, kyoketsu shogue, kusuri-gama etc etc. The chinese arts have the meteor hammer, steel whip etc. The Korean arts have something similar to the manrikigusari in Po Bok Sul, a weighted rope.

I have seen several high level FMA instructors teaching the use of the Sarong as a weapon. Jim had an experience a while back with trolls on the same forums decrying his Bandanna tapes, & probably becoming quite embarrassed when it was pointed out to them that Inosanto, Tarani, Sulite etc, were all teaching flexible weapons in the shape of the Sarong. The thing was, how many guys in the west (apart from David bloody Beckham) wear a Sarong? So conceptualising those methods so they're used with a bandanna makes sense, as a bandanna is a bit more realistically carried by people. The same can be said for the Battlescarf. So I have this to say to the trolls, do us a favour & shut your stupid whiney little mouths! Try to step outside of your obviously small intellects & try to think conceptually. All the flexible weapons material can be done with ANYTHING. If you want to wear a Sarong (try this walking through most towns in Scotland & I'll be laughing my tits off at the number of times you take stick) then fine, but isn't a bandanna or a scarf a bit more practical?

This same bunch of whiney little cretins did a flame job on me a couple of years ago. A friend of mine alerted me to a thread where a some little bitches who had never met me or contacted me were questioning one of my qualifications 'because they had never heard of this system'. I don't think thet expected me to pop up in the thread & politely correct them, pointing out that the martial arts world was quite big & that the potential of running into instructors they didn't know & offshoots of systems in other countries was quite high; & tell them that if they had any doubts I was happy for ANY of them to visit me & first hand see what I teach. Haven't had any takers yet!

I'll say this. In the past 30 years I've trained in more martial arts systems than these little girls have probably even heard of, under some of the best teachers in the world. I've been blessed with the opportunity to experience many different systems, & sub-systems; some good, some poor. Out of ALL the people I've trained with in the years I've been training, including some VERY highly regarded FMA instructors & masters; James Keating stands head & shoulders above any of them! His personal skill has to be experienced to be believed, & his teaching style makes him by far my favorite person I've trained under! One thing these trolls should remember is that unlike ANY of them, Jim has actually USED what he teaches. Jim has been a bit of a 'bad boy' in his past, & he's seen the elephant! They might be able to do a nice pretty 600,000 count sumbrada, but my guess is that they have probably never faced the things Jim has faced & actually had to use their skill-at-arms! They really should just shut up.

Anyhow, I'm going to paste in Jims little rant below-

The other day I saw on a popular FMA forum site where some idiots were dissing the Battlescarf. Those type did the same thing when I put out my Bandanna Fighting DVDs.
Then after they found out that Edgar Sulite did it first, well hell, then it was ok-official. Fuuuggg - how sad, racist, biased and short sighted, what haters and losers... What they do not get is that there is a STRONG body of work already out there in the silat world and kali too - where one uses a SARONG to defend oneself. Yeah, sorta like a giant bandanna, heh. Well, the Battlescarf is just a cold weather sarong. We love the sarong stuff, but where we live no one wears them and its too cold anyway. We chose a logical alternate and made it available. So once again the FMA forum idiots have shot themselves in the foot, they demonstrate their own ignorance of the conceptual side of martial arts. They deny the entire flexible weapons curriculum (scarf, bandanna, sarong, belt, whip, buntot pagi, etc etc.) What have any of those maggots ever done to add to the betterment of the arts? NOTHING! Just shit talking maggots that run their forum mouths like bitches in heat without doing any background work, any questioning ... just hate. Jealous fucks who daily beat down anyone on their way up. Beat down on anything positive. Well fuck those ignorant pricks. Their mocking bullshit is always the same. Birds (turds) of a feather really do flock together. Ignorance guides ignorance


I stand behind Jim & Jay. Jay's dvd 'Fat Jays Drunken Backyard Kung-Fu' has to be seen. Its a dvd where Jay is quite 'big', they are drunk, & it is filmed in his back yard. Its VERY funny, but it has good stuff in there as well. When I first heard about it I thought that just the title would ruffle the feathers of those in the Chinese arts who take themselves a little too seriously. Jay is a good guy, & a very able practitioner; & I would pay to see some of these little trolls locked in a room with him for a very short while, hehehe:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment